Volunteer as a Consultant for an upcoming cycle!
The Seed Consulting Group is seeking pro bono consultants from a broad range of industries and academic disciplines. Selected consultants will work with a virtual team of 3-5 other volunteers to implement a 10-week consulting project for a California-based nonprofit organization or government entity. All Seed projects serve an environmental and sustainability-driven mission for our clients. Volunteers will be able to gain hands-on consulting experience, learn about and help advance the environmental initiatives of local nonprofits, and expand their professional networks.
Some of the skills our past consultants have brought include:
- Marketing and communications
- Business and program development
- Sustainability, environmental science, and impact strategy
- Nonprofit management
- Financial modeling and data analytics
Minimum RequirementsWe thrive on the diversity of our applicants, so our minimum requirements are short and sweet.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree or 4 years of relevant experience
- Submit online application and complete an interview with a member of the Seed leadership team
- Complete volunteer training bootcamp materials
- Attend a virtual, multi-hour orientation retreat upon acceptance
- Commit up to 4-7 hours of volunteer work per week for the full 10-week project cycle, including weekly project team meetings and two presentations to the project’s client